- —Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- — very young and very old persons are affected, with the highest incidence in the first 3 years of life
- —Increased in incidence in immunocompromised patients, drug abusers, and patients with AIDS
- —Tuberculous meningitis is the most frequent manifestation and tends to involve the basal leptomeninges.
- Best diagnostic clue
- o Basilar meningitis + extracerebral TB (pulmonary)
- o Meningitis + parenchymal lesions highly suggestive.
abnormal mri brain Tuberculosis
4/ 5Oleh Habifa