- —MR shows fairly characteristic findings with small T2 hyperintense white or gray matter lesions with transient T1 hyperintense punctate cortical lesions in subacute phase.
- Source (1) Lim. Radiol 2002;222:219
- —paramyxovirus spread to man from fruit-bats or pigs infected by fruit-bats.
- — Subsequent spread from man to man occurs.
- —First identified in Malaysia and Singapore in 1988-89, outbreaks have occurred in Bangladesh (2001-4,5)and Siliguri (2001). Case fatality in India and Bangladesh was 75%.
- Source :(1) Halder. Ann Ind Acad Neurol 2006;9:137Abnormal mri brain Emerging viruses.
abnormal mri brain “Nipah virus encephalitis”
4/ 5Oleh Habifa