- —affect the immunocompetent as well as immunocompromised patients
- —cause meningoencephalitis or subacute encephalitis.
- —CMV can produce demyelination and necrosis within the white matter.
- —CMV is the most frequent cause of fetal and neonatal viral infection.
- —calcifications are usually in the subependymal region, whereas in infants with toxoplasmosis, calcifications are seen everywhere, including the periventricular region.
- — CT scans show low density in the white matter, which may or may not enhance with contrast agents
- —. MRI shows high signal intensity in the white matter on T2-weighted and FLAIR images and is more sensitive than CT in detecting leukoencephalitis
Nonenhanced CT scans in a newborn show periventricular calcification and ventricular dilatation
abnormal mri brain, Cytomegalovirus
Chest X Ray Imaging
pediatrics ultrasound images Brain tumour interventional radiology Imaging ultrasound nature random ramblings xray procedure web 2.0 video Fun Sonographic Measurements Stroke radiology business tuberculosis Clinicoradiological series GI radiology Gastrointestinal x ray Radiology Conferences Radiology Images Telemedicine dynamic MRI lifestyle renal case spine Dams clinicoradiological series Entrepreneur Gastrointestinal Tract Images Ultrasound Technique career fracture gadolinium gastrointestinal genitourinary radiology mri lower abdomen psychiatry weblog MRI contrast Tsunami - Trauma - Imaging finding - Emergency radiology - Tsunami sinusitis - Retained soft tissue foreign body radiology learning ultrasound image of The segments of the liver