- —Aspergillus fumigatus infection is seen predominantly in immunocompromised patients
- —hematogenous spread of pulmonary disease and less commonly caused by direct extension of disease in the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses
- —produces meningitis and meningo-encephalitis.
- —CT scans low-density areas with little or no contrast enhancement and mass effect, representing areas of infarction
- — Incomplete ringlike contrast enhancement may be seen
- —MRI studies demonstrate a peripheral ring of low signal intensity
- —The ring of low signal intensity corresponds to a dense population of Aspergillus hyphal elements and small areas of hemorrhage histologically.
- abnormal mri brain >
MRI Brain abnormal “Aspergillosis”
4/ 5Oleh Habifa