- —one of the most common parasitic diseases involving the brain
- —ingesting the ova of the pork tapeworm (Taenia solium), usually on unwashed, fecally contaminated vegetables or water
- —By ingesting poorly cooked pork infected with cysticercosis, the human becomes the definitive host for T. solium
- through the anus-finger-mouth route.
- intracranial compartment is involved in 60% to 90% of patients with cysticercosis
- meningobasal, parenchymal, intraventricular, or a combination of these sites
- Convexity subarachnoid spaces most common
- ( cisterns> parenchyma> ventricles).
- Abnormal mri brain “Cysticercosis”
abnormal mri brain “Cysticercosis”
4/ 5Oleh Habifa